In order to develop well-rounded students who reach their full potential, the Oak family will engage in meaningful, rigorous learning experiences in a safe and nurturing environment which promotes an atmosphere of respect, responsibility and being ready to learn.
The mission of Oak Elementary School's faculty, staff, and stakeholders is to provide a safe, nurturing, and supportive environment in which students will be afforded challenging opportunities to meet their full academic, physical, social, moral, and artistic potential. Our students will meet or exceed all NCLB benchmarks, apply problem solving strategies to difficult situations, and develop necessary social skills to enable them to contribute to our diverse and highly technical society.
Oak Elementary's Vision Statement
Oak Elementary faculty, staff, and stakeholders are committed to the shared vision that all students will take personal and social responsibility for their actions to help them reach their potential academically, physically, socially, morally, and artistically.
At Oak Elementary School we believe:
- The expectations of the faculty, staff, and stakeholders are that all students can experience success in academic, physical, social, and emotional development.
- A safe environment increases learning for all students.
- Research-based, differentiated instruction, and on-going assessments are utilized for activities to ensure success for all students to reach the proficient or advanced level of achievement.
- Community resources enrich classroom experiences.
- Technology encompasses all areas of lifelong learning.
- Unique abilities of all students are encouraged and valued.
- A variety of experiences foster social responsibility for self and others.
- Physical activities support the development of a healthy lifestyle and promote a sense of well being for all students.
- Extra-curricular activities provide avenues to develop leadership skills for all students.
- Our decision-making process is built on respectful communication and collaboration among staff, students, families, and the school community, as all stakeholders understand and adhere to the district, state, and federal policies ensuring that all students learn to their potential.